Scotland is amazing, and as a I sit here, in the hotel bar overlooking Edinburgh Castle, I wonder what it would be like to live abroad, among the Scottish, maybe French or Italian. But, something draws me back home. I miss my family, friends, co-workers, dogs, and most of all home. A holiday is wonderful, but it’s also wonderful to have neighbors who know your history and friends who will invite you over for dinner at the last minute.
A few things I’d like to highlight from the trip:
- Trying haggis for the first time in Edinburgh
- Experiencing amazing Scottish castles from more than a few centuries ago
- Seeing magpie fights in the Royal Botanical Gardens
- Catching a Scottish rainbow in Isle of Skye
- Learning about the Scottish history from an amazing tour guide
- Hiking Ben Nevis in Fort Williams and the convenience of having a tavern at the base of the mountain
- Drinking a few pints in an 18th century Scottish pub in Oban
All in all, a wonderful week. Highly suggested as a destination for those back home (and those reading this blog).
“Lang may yer lum reek”
And, Happy Easter everyone..